Sunday, January 3, 2016

Modern Mrs Darcy 2016 Reading Challenge

Anne from Modern Mrs Darcy has created a 2016 Reading challenge.  You can check it out here.
The challenge details are as follows….
Devoted readers and aspiring readers: this list is for you if you love to read (or want to read more) but don’t believe reading is a competitive sport. If you need structure in choosing your books but don’t want to be pinned down. If you want to stretch a bit instead of forever reading the same author/genre/plot line.
For the MMD challenge, read 12 books in 12 different categories in 12 months. It’s simple and doable, but it provides the structure you need to approach your reading list with intention in 2016.
Make 2016 your best reading year yet with this reading challenge. It’s simple and doable, but provides the structure you need to approach your reading list with intention in 2016.
The 12 categories are practical and flexible. They’ll bend to fit your TBR list, but they’ll also challenge you to explore new territory, revisit old favorites, and finally read those books you’ve been putting off for years.
Make sure you track the books you’re reading: Download the printable to track your progress.
If you don’t use a reading journal, now’s the time to start. I use a good old-fashioned paper reading journal (I made my own printable journal to suit my needs, and you can get your free copy here), but I still update my Goodreads account because I love to search and sort my titles.
I’m also continuing last year’s group Pinterest board for the reading challenge for inspiration and motivation. To join the board, follow me on Pinterest (or Pinterest won’t let me invite you). Then leave a comment below with your Pinterest email address. (If you’d rather not leave your email address in comments, email me at modern mrs darcy (at) gmail (dot) com.) (If you participated in 2015, you’re already in: no action required.)
Let’s get started! Pin the challenge graphic for inspiration and share it with your fellow book-lovers. We’ll revisit the challenge periodically to share what we’re reading.
Join the Pinterest board, browse the book list archives here for reading ideas, and start making your lists. Share this with your fellow book lovers (I’ll be using the hashtags #MMDchallenge and #MMDreading on twitter and instagram @annebogel). But most of all, enjoy the challenge.
I’m looking forward to reading with you all through 2016. This is gonna be fun.
Are you in? What are you most looking forward to reading in 2016?
This challenge should make for an interesting selection of books to be read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment